Château Croizet-Bages, like many other Pauillacs, is located on the famous plateau of Bages. In 1853, two years before the 1855 classification, Château Croizet-Bages became the property of the Calvé family, which somewhat modified the brand which then became: Château Calvé Croizet-Bages, until the end of the year 1934. It was during this period that Mr. Paul Quié acquired this wine, which has since remained in the same family. For about twenty years, the vineyard went through a phase of reconstruction; this long work is now completed. Until the 1986 harvest, only an old concrete vat existed. Since then, new premises have been built to improve the quality of winemaking. Twenty-year-old vines and traditional vinification produce a fruity, rounded and easy-to-drink wine. The Paul Quié heirs are also owners of the estate of Château Rauzan-Gassies, in Margaux, second classified growth in 1855, as well as of the estate of Château Bel-Orme-Tronquoy-de-Lalande.